Why Peak Performance Buoyancy?
If you want to fine-tune your buoyancy and soar over reefs or wrecks, extend bottom time by reducing air consumption and prolong the life of your dive equipment, the Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course is for you.
While this course may not sound as "exciting" as many other PADI courses, it will do more to improve your diving skills and enjoyment than any other course. Your improved skills will allow you to carry less weight and focus much more of your attention on the dive rather than buoyancy! This course is a MUST!
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 10 years old
What will I do?
During two scuba dives, you’ll learn how to:
• Determine the exact weight you need, so you’re not too light or too heavy.
• Trim your weight system and scuba gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
• Streamline to save energy, use air more efficiently and move more smoothly through the water.
• Hover effortlessly in any position – vertical or horizontal.
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 5
• Minimum Open Water Training: two dives in one day
Where can I go from here?
Be positive and earn your next certification:
• Enroll in a Peak Performance Buoyancy course at your PADI Dive Center or Resort.
• Browse the PADI Course Catalog.
• Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
• All instruction
• All course materials
• Certification card
• Two open water dives
• Air fills
Course Cost: $199 + hst
*Rental Equipment is not included but available for a discounted student rate
FITNESS FOR DIVING
SCUBA diving is a physical activity and can be strenuous at times. In order to participate, a person must maintain a reasonable level of health and fitness. Certain medical issues must be considered. This is the basis for the PADI Medical Statement. We have provided the form below so that you may read it, print it, and if necessary, have your physician sign it before you begin your training at Divers Den.