Why PADI Underwater Photographer?
The PADI Underwater Photographer Specialty course can help you learn how to take your fist underwater photographs or fine tune your existing skills to produce photographs that will stun your friends.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 10 years old
How can I start now?
• Sign up for Digital Underwater Photographer Online – PADI’s eLearning option – to get started immediately. The web-based system guides you through the principles of great underwater photography, with a bonus section on underwater imaging (including video). You study at your own pace through an easy-to-use, interactive program. You also have access to an online version of the Digital Underwater Photographer Manual.
What will I do?
Through hands-on training during two scuba dives and guidance from your PADI Professional, you’ll discover:
• How to choose the right underwater camera system for you.
• The PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great shots quickly.
• Principles for good composition of underwater images.
• Practical techniques to take great photos with your digital camera.
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 12
• Minimum Open Water Training: two dives in one day
What will I need?
• PADI Underwater Photographer Manual
• Digital Underwater Camera
• Computer to upload your shots
Where can I go from here?
Your Underwater Photographer dive from your Advanced course may count towards this Specialty course at instructor discretion. This Specialty also counts toward one of the five Specialties required for your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Shoot like a pro and earn your next certification:
• Sign up for Digital Underwater Photographer Online and start learning right away.
• Enroll in a PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course at Divers Den.
• Browse the PADI Course Catalog.
• Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
• All instruction
• All course materials
• Certification card
• Two open water dives
• Air fills
Course Cost: $349 + hst
*Rental Equipment is not included but available for a discounted student rate
FITNESS FOR DIVING
SCUBA diving is a physical activity and can be strenuous at times. In order to participate, a person must maintain a reasonable level of health and fitness. Certain medical issues must be considered. This is the basis for the PADI Medical Statement. We have provided the form below so that you may read it, print it, and if necessary, have your physician sign it before you begin your training at Divers Den.