PADI Wreck Diver
Why PADI Wreck Diver?
The lure of exploring sunken vessels, airplanes and automobiles is something most divers can't resist. The PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course introduces you to wreck diving and helps you develop the skills and knowledge necessary for safe and fun wreck diving including how to safely use a dive reel and penetrate into a wreck.
What do I need to start?
• PADI Advanced Open Water or Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
• Minimum age: 15 years old
What will I do?
Information contained in your wreck diver program includes:
• The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving
• The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
• Limited-visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
How long will it take?
• Recommended Course Hours: 24
• Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days
What will I need?
• PADI Wreck Diver Manual
• Dive Reel, Knife, Flashlights
Where can I go from here?
Your Wreck Dive from your Advanced course may count towards this Specialty certification at instructor discretion. This Specialty certification also counts as one of five Specialty certifications required for your Master Scuba Diver certification.
Explore history and earn your next certification:
• Enroll in a Wreck Diver course at your PADI Dive Center or Resort.
• Browse the PADI Course Catalog for related specialty diver course, such as Deep Diver and Underwater Navigator.
• Check out the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
To explore hidden treasures, call or e-mail Divers Den for more information or to book your course.
NOTE: Wreck penetration-training dives are limited to within the light zone and within 40 metres/130 feet from the surface, vertical and horizontal distance included. If the wreck used for training is located in deep water (over 18 metres/60 feet), the Deep Diver rating is recommended as a prerequisite for the Wreck Diver program.
• All instruction
• All course materials
• Certification card
• Four open water dives
• Air fills